By using our website, you confirm that you are an Australian resident and, in the case of an individual, of eighteen years of age (or more).
Your provision of personal information
All provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information and/or you decline cookies on your computer, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
Collection of information
Information you provide : we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, occupation, company, title, position and interests when you use our website, apply for website membership or otherwise do business with us.
Cookies : we also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell how and when you use the website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, pages within the website which you visit and referring website addresses. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, your experience of our website and any interactive features of the website, may be restricted and/or not possible.
Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect personal information about you include :
- reviewing, updating, improving and, in general, providing our website and related services, including, if you are a website member, listing your business in our directory and, in some cases, delivery of an electronic newsletter to you.
- providing you with information about our website, services and, in some cases, about other business’s products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
- responding to your queries and/or complaints.
- to help us develop our website, services and business (generally).
- legal and regulatory compliance.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We will only disclose your personal information to other persons/businesses/government agencies in the following circumstances :
- where you have consented to us doing so; or
- for purposes connected with the provision of our website and services – for example, where it is reasonably required by our trusted external suppliers to provide technology solutions we require, such as by our web hosting provider or data storage provider; or
- without your consent (and possibly without notice to you) if we are required to do so:
- by law or pursuant to a legal process;
- to protect and defend our rights or property; or,
- where we reasonably consider it necessary for personal safety reasons (whether in regards to you, another website user or a member of public).
We take reasonable steps within industry standard to ensure information which you provide and we store is protected from unauthorized use, loss or disclosure. These steps include a range of physical and electronic security measures, such as limiting access to our computers and databases. However, you acknowledge that the security, confidentiality and integrity of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed and we offer no warranties as to its security.
Transfer out of Australia
Sometimes our third party service provider (such as a data storage service) may transfer data outside of Australia. The countries data may be sent to include India. You consent to the transfer and/or storage of your personal information outside of Australia where this is done in the normal course of the services provided by our third party supplier.
While we only use third party suppliers who we believe are reputable, we in no way vouch for the adequacy of their security procedures or their data treatment practices. To the maximum extent legally permissible, you release us from all liability related to the treatment or use of that data by our third party services provider.
Links to/from other websites
We are in no way responsible for the privacy statements or manner of data collection or use of external websites which are linked from or to our website. Where you follow a link to an external website you do so at your own risk.
E-newsletters and other electronic promotions
By providing your email address you automatically become an email subscriber and consent to us sending you our electronic newsletter and other emails related to the marketing and administration of the website, our products and services and the products and services of businesses which we believe may be of interest to you. All promotional emails will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails or you can unsubscribe from such emails by notifying us using the Contact Us page on the website.
Updating your information
If you have any questions about the information we hold about you or if you would like to update or correct any information we hold about you, you can contact us using the Contact Us page on the website or, for any urgent matters, you can call us on (+61) 1300 724 808.
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Vigyan Agrawal trading as “Find my Instructor” ABN 72 327 637 987
- “you” and “your” refer to (i) you as a website user personally and (ii) if you are accessing the website within the scope of your employment and/or on behalf of a company, that employer and/or company (as appropriate).
- “the website” means www.findmyinstructor.com.au and all content residing in that domain, including the website functionality, any messaging service(s), the layout, design and underlying code and systems